Skip to main content

Princess Transformation

Update: It's out last "Pulled" Secret. We got 4 out of A.L. and I hope you enjoyed learning a few little personal things about this amazing author. I know I did. Thank you, Ms. Jackson , for agreeing to spill oyur guts, while we "Pulled" away!

Now, from A.L.'s pen to my blog:

 Okay, here's something kind of funny and embarrassing for you all! 
I have to be thankful I'm a writer, because when I get nervous, I can't seem to make a coherent thought come out of my mouth. Get me on the phone with a stranger and I'm blubbering all over the place.

We did it! Matilda could not have done it without all your lovely comments, and here is the proof. A.L. has even snagged her Princess Charming :)

PULLED is all about a a young girl who lost everything. Melanie looked for love, true love, a love that transcends every sense, every feeling, every emotion. A love that fills the heart with warmth, laughter, healing, and an abundance of sunshine and joy. In the sense of the ugly step sisters, Vanessa (oh, you will have to read the book before I can tell you who she is or what she does. Go ahead. Buy it. Now:) has an egotistic desire in love. One that fulfills only self and thinks of no one but, well, Vanessa.

We had a character interview lined up with Melanie and Vanessa, but Vanessa was a no show. Of course, this could only be expected. Maybe she was too embarrassed?

Oh, AND now! We have another sweet secret from A.L. for the 30th comment. The day is still not over and there is still time for more comments. I think we need 9 more if you want a new secret PULLED  from the heart of A.L.

 Lets see I owe you something about me...hmmm let's go with fairy tale and fate:

Do I believe in love at first sight? I do. Have I ever experienced it? Maybe. The first time I saw my husband, I was a freshman in high school. Even though he was standing at  his locker and I saw him from behind, I literally stopped in my tracks and grabbed my friend to ask "Who is that?" It was an immediate attraction that I hung onto for years, even though it would be years before we were together. It seemed it was never the right time for us, I was with someone else and then he was away at college, but that attraction never went away. Was it love? I'd like to think so because finally we were brought together. Now 18 years later, I'm still with the love of my life.
Aaawwww! She did have a fairy tale ever after. How sweet!!

So, now, we can only look to A.L. and her princess transformation. Let's take a look at her new princess outfit, shall we?

We have glass slippers.

And a crown.
Your horse drawn carriage.
And, finally, Prince Charming.

Now, make sure you are home before midnight. I think you know what happens if you are late...

photos courtesy of Digital Photos. Thank you! 

Comments

  1. Sounds like such a wonderful story!

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I thought so too! Talk about fairy tale come true. somebody should write a book about this sweet scene...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I loved that little secret. Maybe we can get a few more comments and hear oooonnneee more secret?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like my high school sweetheart. Only I saw him from the front and he smiled at me. That's all it took.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the princess outfit (I want one!) :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone should write a book. Love at first sight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww...her real life story is better than any fiction story I've read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know. Wouldn't it make a great book? Maybe I will work on a mini book for her, too. Like I did for Linn.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Writer In Motion CP feedback

Hey beautiful guys and dolls! Here it is! My CP feedback edited story. Had a hard time with this, but I hope it makes sense. I've got a post I'm working on I plan to put up after Thanksgiving. Here ya go. Enjoy... Every morning I wake to carnival day.  Today, though, I have my key. If I don’t use it before midnight, my way of escape will gone. It’s a silver key with a twisted metal handle, a sapphire stone half moon and engraved stars. There’s a tiny inscription on the moon, but it’s so small, I’ve never been able to read it.I’ve always kept mine in my jewelry box, but today, I string it on a ribbon and tie it around my neck. My two best friends will be wearing theirs, too, and I wonder how they will escape this carnival of dreams. “What’s it for?” Cress asks as we stand in line for the swings. I run my fingertips over the entire silver surface. “I don’t know. It belonged to my grandmother,” I say. “Whatever.” She shrugs her shoulder in a dismissive way. “Have

Insecure Writers Group

Today, my feelings are mixed. On one hand, I've faced more rejection and that's not easy to write about or admit to the world. But I am not crying in my "milk" (no beer, folks:) I want to, but what good would it do??? I received a detailed critique from a "Best First Line" contest. The critique was the best I have ever received and seriously opened my eyes to "how" to improve my writing. Nice! Speaking of critiques, I am still looking for a critique partner. If anyone is looking back, please let me know and we can swap info. I'm sending off a YA query letter and first pages to 3 agents this week. Wish me luck. This will be the first time I have directly contacted and agent with a query. Yes, I'm nervous, so I'm saying again, WISH ME LUCK!!!

Operation Agent Ink

UPDATE: PLEASE FILL OUT THIS QUESTIONNAIRE AFTER YOU SIGN UP. Have you ever wondered what agents were dying to find in their inbox/slush pile? There have been many times I entered a contest and not even received a comment, not even from one of the agents. Or maybe the agent was kind enough to leave a comment that simply said, "Sorry, this just isn't what I'm looking for, but I love the premise and your voice." I always walk away feeling unsatisfied. If I had known exactly what the agent wanted beyond, "YA" or "Fantasy" I might not have even entered a contest I knew I wouldn't win! Even more, I wasted a very busy agents time! Well, your time of guessing is up! OPERATION AGENT INK to the rescue! That's right! This workshop will help aspiring authors get on the list of an agent's WISH LIST! When the workshop is over, your manuscript will be ready to view by a group of AMAZING agents who are dying to see what you've wri