Skip to main content

Celebrating the Small Things and A to Z: W

Happy Friday beautiful guys and dolls! Yay for the weekend and yay for family time!!!


I'm happy today for THREE things.

1. My mom is out ouf the hospital and doing better.
2. My brother came in a for visit this weekend.
3. I am now a literary intern for Blue Ridge Literary Agency.

More happy news coming soon....*smiles*





A to Z Challenge: W

W is WRITING mommy

I love writing. But I love being a mommy. I homeschool my little angels, so I love teaching, too. Dividing my time between all my duties is hard to do. It really is. Because teaching my kids isn't anything to to take easy. I am responsible for teaching them to read, write, math, and all the other fun things school has to offer (yep. I said fun, just in case any of my kiddo's read this post..)

But writing is important, too, because if I don't spend time researching, studying, actually writing, then revising and editing, my dream will go no where but to sleep.

Of course, I have all my other duties as a wife and home maker, and life in general.

So, being a Writer Mommy is no easy task. What things do you do to organize your time to include writing and life?

As always, thank you, Vikki, for coming up with such a brilliant blog hop!

<!-- start LinkyTools script --><script src="http://www.linkytools.com/basic_linky_include.aspx?id=179014" type="text/javascript" ></script><!-- end LinkyTools script -->

Comments

  1. I admire anyone who juggles writing and kids. If you home school, then that is even more amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex. Though sometimes I don't feel very amazing:) Just exhausted!

      Delete
  2. Family is the greatest of celebrations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for your mom. Congrats on being a literary intern. Raising kids is no easy task. You've chosen the best path, and I'm glad you're still making time to write too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a long path sometimes, but I'm happy with my choice:)

      Delete
  4. As much as I'd like to have at least one kid someday, I think it's a blessing in disguise that I've been childfree way longer than I ever expected. It's given me so much extra time for writing. I really admire people who are able to write along with taking care of kids.

    Congratulations on your internship!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I homeschool, too, which does make writing a challenge, but after doing this for a few years I can see it as a blessing too, and not just for the obvious reasons, but for my writing as well. If I didn't homeschool, I would probably spend all day, every day on the computer, which isn't healthy. Homeschooling forces balance on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should get together sometimes and talk home school stuff:)

      Delete
  6. Balancing is hard. After work, and family, writing often comes a poor third. Sometimes the only way to go is to give myself permission to be selfish (because, yes, that's sometimes how I feel) and set aside an hour or two. Leave the world to its own devices, and safeguard that precious time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I usually get time to write late at night, but even that is divided between social media time, work, and editing:)

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on the new position. I have no desire to become a literary agent, the going to publishers and pushing books would be the hard thing. But I think doing the behind the scene things with queries and reading/analyzing stories would be fun. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, it does sound like you have a lot going on. I'm a mum too but my children go to school/nursery, which is when I write.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi--Nice to meet a fellow writer. Stopping by from the A-Z challenge, which is soon to be over! Glad to have found your blog. I think you'll enjoy being an agent. It sounds like fun to me. (Plus a lot of work, of course.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your new position! Very exciting! I'm always impressed how moms who write can do it. I just hope I'll be able to do it too someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yup writing and being a mommy is a tough gig. But isn't it amazing what women are capable of?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad your mom is better. Huge congrats on your new intern position! Yay for Writing Mommies everywhere! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is very great news! I am so happy for you.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is wonderful news all around :)



    http://demitrialunetta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Agent Ink

UPDATE: PLEASE FILL OUT THIS QUESTIONNAIRE AFTER YOU SIGN UP. Have you ever wondered what agents were dying to find in their inbox/slush pile? There have been many times I entered a contest and not even received a comment, not even from one of the agents. Or maybe the agent was kind enough to leave a comment that simply said, "Sorry, this just isn't what I'm looking for, but I love the premise and your voice." I always walk away feeling unsatisfied. If I had known exactly what the agent wanted beyond, "YA" or "Fantasy" I might not have even entered a contest I knew I wouldn't win! Even more, I wasted a very busy agents time! Well, your time of guessing is up! OPERATION AGENT INK to the rescue! That's right! This workshop will help aspiring authors get on the list of an agent's WISH LIST! When the workshop is over, your manuscript will be ready to view by a group of AMAZING agents who are dying to see what you've wri...

EVER Blog Hop!!!!!

I joined a blog hop flash writing contest with/for Jessa Russo. It's in honor of her first EVER book release. I met Jessa during the Curiosity Quills Blog hop. I have never read a ghost story, but after reading Jessa's query and first few pages and then learning more about her ghost Frankie, I was so inspired, I fell in love -with Frankie. I was so inspired, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and write a story I had never written before and never thought I would write. Or even want to write. But I did, and I did. My piece for the contest is a small part of my bigger manuscript I wrote. I had to modify and change a few things so the story would make sense, but I think it works. At least, I hope it does:) How to vote: Comment at the end of the end of this post. You must have the word "VOTE" in your comment for it to be considered valid. VOTING IS OPEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 30TH!!!! Ready? Well, lets go! --> The Man With the Black Hood knocked ...

Workshop 10

Today, let's get readers hooked from the very first sentence. If you do, you are off to a great start and hopefully a great first chapter. We are going to focus on the first and second sentence and how you can draw readers in while introducing two major items about your book: 1. Your MC 2. The main conflict. How? Is it really possible to do this in only TWO sentences? YES! Example: My name is Snow, like the white powder that falls during winter, though I don't know what my mom was thinking because it was ninety degrees the day I was born. I turned twelve the year I married a man I hated and thirteen when my first baby was born. This sentence tells us a lot. It shows us a little about Snow's personality, it hints toward a shortened childhood and could possibly point to a different time era. I also can definitely see the conflict. Can you? You only have a few minutes to make a good, first impression. Make sure you wow your reader enough they'll actually t...