Skip to main content

A to Z Challenge: M is meeting with Krystalyn Drown

Hey guys! My A to A challenge today is MEETING. As in interview with a character by an author with Entranced Publishing. (By the way, I'm an intern for this fabulous publisher!!!) woot:)

Spirit World, by author Krystalyn Drown is a fabulously written book.You wil be on the edge of your seat wanting to know what happens next.

The story starts out gritty. You immediately feel the emotional pain and confusion of the MC, Riesa.

So I've decided to let you MEET her! I asked her some very personal questions and she graciously agreed to answer them.

Riesa Adair MEETING: Spirit World MC

1. Where did you grow up?

Northern California


2. What's your happiest childhood memory?

One weekend, when I was four or five, my parents took me to the beach. We built what I thought was the tallest sandcastle ever. It probably wasn't that big, but at the time, it was big enough for me to crawl inside. My dad still called me a princess back then, and I still believed I was one.


3. What's your scariest childhood memory?

The day my dad left.


4. What activities do you participate in school?

None really, unless you count going to parties at Jen's house. A lot of the other kids think I'm crazy.


5. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?

I would be a normal teenager without all that noise in my head.


6. What's your favorite TV show? Movie? Why?

TV show - Doctor Who. Longevity, amazing story lines, fascinating actors, I could go on.
Movie - The Thing (1951) It's far and away the superior version of that film. Although Connor will never admit it.

7. Do you wear designer clothes? Why or why not?

I mostly wear t shirts and jeans, because it's what I'm most comfortable in. My shirts come from places like Woot, Tee Fury, and Think Geek. On the rare occassion I do dress up, I wear the stuff my mom sells in her boutique. It's designer, but I ignore the labels and go for whatever doesn't itch.


8. Describe yourself to me.

I'm pretty plain actually - long, brown hair, brown eyes, pale because I watch too much TV. As for my immediate hopes and dreams, I wish that someone would release The Tomorrow People on DVD, I'm waiting for the invention of a caffeine IV, and I live for the weekends when I can just chill out with Connor, drink Pepsi, and eat Red Vines.

Thanks, Riesa. And thank you, Krystalyn, for putting together Riesa's answers.


 Krystalyn Drown

Legasea (Curiosity Quills)
Spirit World (Entranced, Coming April 2013)
Short stories -- http://fictionfemmefatale.blogspot.com/


Book Title Spirit World
Author Name Krystalyn Drown
Series Title (if applicable) n/a
Genre Young Adult
Length of Book in pages or word count: 111

Publisher Entranced Publishing
Blurb
All Riesa Adair wants is a normal life. With the end of high school only months away
and an outstanding GPA to bolster her college plans, that doesn’t seem like too much to
ask.
Unfortunately, the voices screaming in her head keep getting in the way. Somewhere
between her summer in a mental institution, and her stepfather’s attempt at an
exorcism, she’s learned to keep quiet about her situation. But, pretending to be normal
hasn’t prevented the spirit world from taking notice of her. Both sides of an ever-present
war have focused in on her. Now she’ll need all the help she can get to escape a
powerful spirit threatening to fulfill a prophecy that engenders the entire human world.

Book Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBln1fy145k

Author Bio
Krystalyn spent the past thirteen years working at Walt Disney World in a variety of
roles: entertainer, talent coordinator, and character captain. Her degree in theatre as
well as many, many hours spent in a dance studio, helped with her job there.

Her various other day jobs have included working in zoology at Sea World, as an
elementary teacher, and currently as a support technician for a website. In the
evenings, she does mad writing challenges with her sister, who is also an author.

Krystalyn lives near Orlando, Florida with her husband, son, a were cat, and a Yorkie
with a Napoleon complex.

Author social media links

Author Website: http://krysteybelle.blogspot.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/KrysteyBelle
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/KrystalynDrown/info
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6480737

Comments

  1. What a great choice for M, and what a lot of fascinating jobs Krystalyn has had! That must give her a lot of story ideas!
    angelinetrevena.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for choosing this. It sounds interesting :) (And how fun must it be to intern for Entranced!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great character interview, definitely piqued my interest for the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice meeting Riesa and finding out more about her! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the intro to Reisa; she has a strong voice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this take on introducing a book. I have seen the title floating around and even gave a plug on my blog but now I think I will move it up on my to read list. I fell for this character. :) and want to know her story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your website. Stopping by to say hi on the AtoZChallenge. Liked reading about your books and your profile. All the best.
    http://www.rowenamayosullivan.com/p/a-z-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like what you guys are up too. This kind of
    clever work and reporting! Keep up the awesome works guys
    I've added you guys to blogroll.

    Feel free to surf to my site: Cccam Sharing Tutorial

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Writer In Motion CP feedback

Hey beautiful guys and dolls! Here it is! My CP feedback edited story. Had a hard time with this, but I hope it makes sense. I've got a post I'm working on I plan to put up after Thanksgiving. Here ya go. Enjoy... Every morning I wake to carnival day.  Today, though, I have my key. If I don’t use it before midnight, my way of escape will gone. It’s a silver key with a twisted metal handle, a sapphire stone half moon and engraved stars. There’s a tiny inscription on the moon, but it’s so small, I’ve never been able to read it.I’ve always kept mine in my jewelry box, but today, I string it on a ribbon and tie it around my neck. My two best friends will be wearing theirs, too, and I wonder how they will escape this carnival of dreams. “What’s it for?” Cress asks as we stand in line for the swings. I run my fingertips over the entire silver surface. “I don’t know. It belonged to my grandmother,” I say. “Whatever.” She shrugs her shoulder in a dismissive way. “Have

Insecure Writers Group

Today, my feelings are mixed. On one hand, I've faced more rejection and that's not easy to write about or admit to the world. But I am not crying in my "milk" (no beer, folks:) I want to, but what good would it do??? I received a detailed critique from a "Best First Line" contest. The critique was the best I have ever received and seriously opened my eyes to "how" to improve my writing. Nice! Speaking of critiques, I am still looking for a critique partner. If anyone is looking back, please let me know and we can swap info. I'm sending off a YA query letter and first pages to 3 agents this week. Wish me luck. This will be the first time I have directly contacted and agent with a query. Yes, I'm nervous, so I'm saying again, WISH ME LUCK!!!

Operation Agent Ink

UPDATE: PLEASE FILL OUT THIS QUESTIONNAIRE AFTER YOU SIGN UP. Have you ever wondered what agents were dying to find in their inbox/slush pile? There have been many times I entered a contest and not even received a comment, not even from one of the agents. Or maybe the agent was kind enough to leave a comment that simply said, "Sorry, this just isn't what I'm looking for, but I love the premise and your voice." I always walk away feeling unsatisfied. If I had known exactly what the agent wanted beyond, "YA" or "Fantasy" I might not have even entered a contest I knew I wouldn't win! Even more, I wasted a very busy agents time! Well, your time of guessing is up! OPERATION AGENT INK to the rescue! That's right! This workshop will help aspiring authors get on the list of an agent's WISH LIST! When the workshop is over, your manuscript will be ready to view by a group of AMAZING agents who are dying to see what you've wri