Skip to main content

A to Z Challenge Day #2 (Pixar #7)

Good morning you beautiful guys and dolls! As you can see, I am combining 2 challenges, the A to Z challenge and the Pixar blogging challenge. I hope you don't mind, but I have tried to combine them in a way so they just mesh together:)

Letter B is for BELIEVE

This could go in so many directions.

BELIEVE in yourself. You have talent. You have skill. BELIEVE in your abilities and techniques.
BELIEVE in what you do. Have some passion and desire and be confident that what you do is worth doing.
BELIEVE in your faith. Don't back down. Don't be embarrassed. Hold on to it.
BELIEVE in the end result of what you do. Why do you write? Teach? Paint? Sing? Whatever you do, you must BELIEVE that your final goal is worth the trouble, time, and tears you pour into what you are doing. There is an end. Why are you you pressing in that direction? BELIEVE.


Pixar Challenge day 7 is also about the end. The end of your story. Write your ending before the middle. In your story, think about the end result? What is you want your MC to learn, to discover, to make? Think bout that ending and BELIEVE in your MC enough to know they are going to make it to the end. They are going to overcome such a great obstacle, the ending of their story will be fabulous.

Writing the end first will also excite you as the writer, to create a great middle. Why? Because you BELIEVE in your story enough to have that great ending and to keep the fire lit from beginning to end. Fabulous beginnings are sometimes easy because you have an awesome idea to start with. Ending can be a bit tougher because you want to end with bang, but you also need it to be complete and satisfying. So, if you have an ending that is amazing, right from the start, then you have a goal to work for. something to BELIEVE in while writing the middle that sometimes slows or sags.

So today, my friends, I want you to take a marker and a few index cards and write the word BELIEVE. Tape the cards in various places where you will be reminded today, this week, this month, to BELIEVE.

Thanks for visiting! What is it you believe in today?

Please be sure to visit others in the A to Z Challenge. The link is in my top sidebar.

And PLEASE visit the other beautiful dolls participating in the Pixar Blog Challenge!

Kate
Mary
Alex
Regina

Comments

  1. I believe! And I always know my ending before I begin writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Sometimes I know the ending, but not always. Sometimes I figure it during the planning stage, and sometimes it happens after I start writing. But I always know before the ending is written...

      Delete
  2. I believe in Yes and Willin' and Why Not? I believe in Possibility and Change and most of all Nature.
    Jan Morrison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to be willing before you can say why not, so possibility and change can happen:)

      Delete
  3. For some reason, when I write, I always have the end in mind. For me, it helps propel the story forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its always fun to think of the terrble things that keep my MC from achieving the wonderful ending I have planned. Does that sound bad?

      Delete
  4. What do I believe? That someday, maybe, I will find a way to publish. Something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good advice, and yes, the ending is a must, otherwise you'll get lost on the path there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true, but you know, sometimes the ending changes because of that path I get lost on!

      Delete
  6. Believe yes. Faith is the strongest weapon you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faith is strong and it's the substance of things hoped for.

      Delete
  7. This is probably the most important word of all. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tonja! And I agree. Believing is so important!

      Delete
  8. So true - I needed to read this today, as have had a rejection and need to find that belief!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Vikki! So sorry to hear about that. I know it hurts. I've been there. It does get better, but it takes time. (((hugs)))

      Delete
  9. Excellent! So now I have to go and stick a post it note on my fridge, in the car, and on the back of the bathroom door...

    Good post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got them all over the house, too. Right now, I need a good does of this myself:)

      Delete
  10. Oooo I like it--Believe! Words to live by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without faith, what do you have? You are so right! Great words to live by!

      Delete
  11. I believe you are so talented and that your book will rock the world ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ella, you are so sweet! Thanks for visiting today:) By the way, your creativity rocks the world for sure:)

      Delete
  12. Visiting from the AtoZ challenge. Nice blog. I really like your graphics! And our Bs are related.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Writer In Motion CP feedback

Hey beautiful guys and dolls! Here it is! My CP feedback edited story. Had a hard time with this, but I hope it makes sense. I've got a post I'm working on I plan to put up after Thanksgiving. Here ya go. Enjoy... Every morning I wake to carnival day.  Today, though, I have my key. If I don’t use it before midnight, my way of escape will gone. It’s a silver key with a twisted metal handle, a sapphire stone half moon and engraved stars. There’s a tiny inscription on the moon, but it’s so small, I’ve never been able to read it.I’ve always kept mine in my jewelry box, but today, I string it on a ribbon and tie it around my neck. My two best friends will be wearing theirs, too, and I wonder how they will escape this carnival of dreams. “What’s it for?” Cress asks as we stand in line for the swings. I run my fingertips over the entire silver surface. “I don’t know. It belonged to my grandmother,” I say. “Whatever.” She shrugs her shoulder in a dismissive way. “Have

Insecure Writers Group

Today, my feelings are mixed. On one hand, I've faced more rejection and that's not easy to write about or admit to the world. But I am not crying in my "milk" (no beer, folks:) I want to, but what good would it do??? I received a detailed critique from a "Best First Line" contest. The critique was the best I have ever received and seriously opened my eyes to "how" to improve my writing. Nice! Speaking of critiques, I am still looking for a critique partner. If anyone is looking back, please let me know and we can swap info. I'm sending off a YA query letter and first pages to 3 agents this week. Wish me luck. This will be the first time I have directly contacted and agent with a query. Yes, I'm nervous, so I'm saying again, WISH ME LUCK!!!

Operation Agent Ink

UPDATE: PLEASE FILL OUT THIS QUESTIONNAIRE AFTER YOU SIGN UP. Have you ever wondered what agents were dying to find in their inbox/slush pile? There have been many times I entered a contest and not even received a comment, not even from one of the agents. Or maybe the agent was kind enough to leave a comment that simply said, "Sorry, this just isn't what I'm looking for, but I love the premise and your voice." I always walk away feeling unsatisfied. If I had known exactly what the agent wanted beyond, "YA" or "Fantasy" I might not have even entered a contest I knew I wouldn't win! Even more, I wasted a very busy agents time! Well, your time of guessing is up! OPERATION AGENT INK to the rescue! That's right! This workshop will help aspiring authors get on the list of an agent's WISH LIST! When the workshop is over, your manuscript will be ready to view by a group of AMAZING agents who are dying to see what you've wri