Skip to main content

Celebrate Small Things and A to Z Challenge: J, K, L

So sorry I was missing in action. Again. I've been gone visiting my daughter and believe it or not, we got snowed in! In April. The middle of April. Yikes!

My daughter lives 24 hours away from me, so when I get the opportunity, I will spend as much time with her as possible.

Also, we just found out that a very, very dear friend passed away yesterday. He was a WWII vet in the South Pacific and he was so precious to us. He was 92 years old and lived such a wonderful life. He was a hero I will miss him dearly. He lives up here where we are visiting, so we plan to go to his funeral before we return home.

So, again, I'm posting a small post. So sorry you beautiful guys and dolls! I promise to get back to my regular scheduled posting by the end of next week.

I am thankful I had a few extra days to visit my daughter, even in the snow.
I am thankful to have known such a wonderful person as Glade Lindsay.

For the A to Z challenge, here's what I'm saying for letters J, K, L:

Don't JUMP ship. Stay with it. Never quit. There is no place for quitters.
Instead, KICK it in the rear and determine you will finish. Be faithful and it will come to pass.
Because you LOVE it, it makes it easier to stay with it until the end.

Thank you Vikki for hosting the blog hop and I'm sorry I missed yesterday's posting!

Thank you Mathew and Alex for introducing me to the A to Z challenge and for letting me participate!

Here's the other participants in the Celebrate the Small Things blog hop:)

Comments

  1. I am sorry you lost your friend. All my love to you. Glad you got time with your daughter. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about your friend. True heroes are rare these days.
    Glad you are part of the Challenge!
    And snow in April is a stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guilty of slacking off for a couple of Fridays, but I'm back this next Friday for sure. Sometimes one more thing just isn't possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend :( He sounds like a hero. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I hope he had a peaceful passing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry about your friend, but I am glad to hear you had a nice visit with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Writer In Motion CP feedback

Hey beautiful guys and dolls! Here it is! My CP feedback edited story. Had a hard time with this, but I hope it makes sense. I've got a post I'm working on I plan to put up after Thanksgiving. Here ya go. Enjoy... Every morning I wake to carnival day.  Today, though, I have my key. If I don’t use it before midnight, my way of escape will gone. It’s a silver key with a twisted metal handle, a sapphire stone half moon and engraved stars. There’s a tiny inscription on the moon, but it’s so small, I’ve never been able to read it.I’ve always kept mine in my jewelry box, but today, I string it on a ribbon and tie it around my neck. My two best friends will be wearing theirs, too, and I wonder how they will escape this carnival of dreams. “What’s it for?” Cress asks as we stand in line for the swings. I run my fingertips over the entire silver surface. “I don’t know. It belonged to my grandmother,” I say. “Whatever.” She shrugs her shoulder in a dismissive way. “Have

Insecure Writers Group

Today, my feelings are mixed. On one hand, I've faced more rejection and that's not easy to write about or admit to the world. But I am not crying in my "milk" (no beer, folks:) I want to, but what good would it do??? I received a detailed critique from a "Best First Line" contest. The critique was the best I have ever received and seriously opened my eyes to "how" to improve my writing. Nice! Speaking of critiques, I am still looking for a critique partner. If anyone is looking back, please let me know and we can swap info. I'm sending off a YA query letter and first pages to 3 agents this week. Wish me luck. This will be the first time I have directly contacted and agent with a query. Yes, I'm nervous, so I'm saying again, WISH ME LUCK!!!

Operation Agent Ink

UPDATE: PLEASE FILL OUT THIS QUESTIONNAIRE AFTER YOU SIGN UP. Have you ever wondered what agents were dying to find in their inbox/slush pile? There have been many times I entered a contest and not even received a comment, not even from one of the agents. Or maybe the agent was kind enough to leave a comment that simply said, "Sorry, this just isn't what I'm looking for, but I love the premise and your voice." I always walk away feeling unsatisfied. If I had known exactly what the agent wanted beyond, "YA" or "Fantasy" I might not have even entered a contest I knew I wouldn't win! Even more, I wasted a very busy agents time! Well, your time of guessing is up! OPERATION AGENT INK to the rescue! That's right! This workshop will help aspiring authors get on the list of an agent's WISH LIST! When the workshop is over, your manuscript will be ready to view by a group of AMAZING agents who are dying to see what you've wri