Skip to main content

Twitter Pitch Opportunity

Straight from the web site...http://newleafliterary.tumblr.com/post/108282081444/new-leaf-pitch-perfect-2

New Leaf Pitch Perfect 2! 

Hey everyone!
The assistants of New Leaf are excited to announce that once again, we’re hosting a Twitter Pitch contest. We’ll be looking for stand-out pitches—tweeted by all of you—on behalf of the agents at New Leaf!
The rules:
  • The window to pitch your book ideas is Thursday, January 22 from 4-5 PM EST
    • Pitches are limited to 140 character tweets! Include the hashtag #NLpitchperfect. Please only pitch your project once (we will be looking at every tweet, so we will see it!) and submit one idea per entrant.
  • If your tweet is favorited by New Leaf, that means we want you to query us! Email your query (plus the first 5 pages of the manuscript, but please include this in the body of the email!) to query@newleafliterary.com with the words “Query” and “New Leaf Pitch Perfect” in the subject line.
  • We will be looking for manuscripts on behalf of Joanna Volpe, Suzie Townsend, Kathleen Ortiz, and Mackenzie Brady, so we’d love to see pitches for (fiction or non-fiction) MG, YA, NA, and Adult manuscripts. Please refer to our About Us page (http://newleafliterary.com/agents.cfm) for more details.
We signed the wonderful Kate Larkindale after our last Pitch Perfect and we’re hoping to find some great new talent once again! Looking forward to seeing how creative you can get in 140 characters! 

Comments

  1. I was so excited to see this! I'm represented by New Leaf, and I love the people there! Hope the pitch contest went well for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful way to find new writers and new material. Congrats to New Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! I have a MS in going through the final round of edits I'll get my query together and submit. And thanks for stopping by for Blitz Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Agent Ink

UPDATE: PLEASE FILL OUT THIS QUESTIONNAIRE AFTER YOU SIGN UP. Have you ever wondered what agents were dying to find in their inbox/slush pile? There have been many times I entered a contest and not even received a comment, not even from one of the agents. Or maybe the agent was kind enough to leave a comment that simply said, "Sorry, this just isn't what I'm looking for, but I love the premise and your voice." I always walk away feeling unsatisfied. If I had known exactly what the agent wanted beyond, "YA" or "Fantasy" I might not have even entered a contest I knew I wouldn't win! Even more, I wasted a very busy agents time! Well, your time of guessing is up! OPERATION AGENT INK to the rescue! That's right! This workshop will help aspiring authors get on the list of an agent's WISH LIST! When the workshop is over, your manuscript will be ready to view by a group of AMAZING agents who are dying to see what you've wri...

EVER Blog Hop!!!!!

I joined a blog hop flash writing contest with/for Jessa Russo. It's in honor of her first EVER book release. I met Jessa during the Curiosity Quills Blog hop. I have never read a ghost story, but after reading Jessa's query and first few pages and then learning more about her ghost Frankie, I was so inspired, I fell in love -with Frankie. I was so inspired, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and write a story I had never written before and never thought I would write. Or even want to write. But I did, and I did. My piece for the contest is a small part of my bigger manuscript I wrote. I had to modify and change a few things so the story would make sense, but I think it works. At least, I hope it does:) How to vote: Comment at the end of the end of this post. You must have the word "VOTE" in your comment for it to be considered valid. VOTING IS OPEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 30TH!!!! Ready? Well, lets go! --> The Man With the Black Hood knocked ...

Workshop 10

Today, let's get readers hooked from the very first sentence. If you do, you are off to a great start and hopefully a great first chapter. We are going to focus on the first and second sentence and how you can draw readers in while introducing two major items about your book: 1. Your MC 2. The main conflict. How? Is it really possible to do this in only TWO sentences? YES! Example: My name is Snow, like the white powder that falls during winter, though I don't know what my mom was thinking because it was ninety degrees the day I was born. I turned twelve the year I married a man I hated and thirteen when my first baby was born. This sentence tells us a lot. It shows us a little about Snow's personality, it hints toward a shortened childhood and could possibly point to a different time era. I also can definitely see the conflict. Can you? You only have a few minutes to make a good, first impression. Make sure you wow your reader enough they'll actually t...