Skip to main content

Celebrate Small Things and A to Z Challenge: J, K, L

So sorry I was missing in action. Again. I've been gone visiting my daughter and believe it or not, we got snowed in! In April. The middle of April. Yikes!

My daughter lives 24 hours away from me, so when I get the opportunity, I will spend as much time with her as possible.

Also, we just found out that a very, very dear friend passed away yesterday. He was a WWII vet in the South Pacific and he was so precious to us. He was 92 years old and lived such a wonderful life. He was a hero I will miss him dearly. He lives up here where we are visiting, so we plan to go to his funeral before we return home.

So, again, I'm posting a small post. So sorry you beautiful guys and dolls! I promise to get back to my regular scheduled posting by the end of next week.

I am thankful I had a few extra days to visit my daughter, even in the snow.
I am thankful to have known such a wonderful person as Glade Lindsay.

For the A to Z challenge, here's what I'm saying for letters J, K, L:

Don't JUMP ship. Stay with it. Never quit. There is no place for quitters.
Instead, KICK it in the rear and determine you will finish. Be faithful and it will come to pass.
Because you LOVE it, it makes it easier to stay with it until the end.

Thank you Vikki for hosting the blog hop and I'm sorry I missed yesterday's posting!

Thank you Mathew and Alex for introducing me to the A to Z challenge and for letting me participate!

Here's the other participants in the Celebrate the Small Things blog hop:)

Comments

  1. I am sorry you lost your friend. All my love to you. Glad you got time with your daughter. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about your friend. True heroes are rare these days.
    Glad you are part of the Challenge!
    And snow in April is a stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guilty of slacking off for a couple of Fridays, but I'm back this next Friday for sure. Sometimes one more thing just isn't possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend :( He sounds like a hero. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I hope he had a peaceful passing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry about your friend, but I am glad to hear you had a nice visit with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Agent Ink

UPDATE: PLEASE FILL OUT THIS QUESTIONNAIRE AFTER YOU SIGN UP. Have you ever wondered what agents were dying to find in their inbox/slush pile? There have been many times I entered a contest and not even received a comment, not even from one of the agents. Or maybe the agent was kind enough to leave a comment that simply said, "Sorry, this just isn't what I'm looking for, but I love the premise and your voice." I always walk away feeling unsatisfied. If I had known exactly what the agent wanted beyond, "YA" or "Fantasy" I might not have even entered a contest I knew I wouldn't win! Even more, I wasted a very busy agents time! Well, your time of guessing is up! OPERATION AGENT INK to the rescue! That's right! This workshop will help aspiring authors get on the list of an agent's WISH LIST! When the workshop is over, your manuscript will be ready to view by a group of AMAZING agents who are dying to see what you've wri...

EVER Blog Hop!!!!!

I joined a blog hop flash writing contest with/for Jessa Russo. It's in honor of her first EVER book release. I met Jessa during the Curiosity Quills Blog hop. I have never read a ghost story, but after reading Jessa's query and first few pages and then learning more about her ghost Frankie, I was so inspired, I fell in love -with Frankie. I was so inspired, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and write a story I had never written before and never thought I would write. Or even want to write. But I did, and I did. My piece for the contest is a small part of my bigger manuscript I wrote. I had to modify and change a few things so the story would make sense, but I think it works. At least, I hope it does:) How to vote: Comment at the end of the end of this post. You must have the word "VOTE" in your comment for it to be considered valid. VOTING IS OPEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 30TH!!!! Ready? Well, lets go! --> The Man With the Black Hood knocked ...

Workshop 10

Today, let's get readers hooked from the very first sentence. If you do, you are off to a great start and hopefully a great first chapter. We are going to focus on the first and second sentence and how you can draw readers in while introducing two major items about your book: 1. Your MC 2. The main conflict. How? Is it really possible to do this in only TWO sentences? YES! Example: My name is Snow, like the white powder that falls during winter, though I don't know what my mom was thinking because it was ninety degrees the day I was born. I turned twelve the year I married a man I hated and thirteen when my first baby was born. This sentence tells us a lot. It shows us a little about Snow's personality, it hints toward a shortened childhood and could possibly point to a different time era. I also can definitely see the conflict. Can you? You only have a few minutes to make a good, first impression. Make sure you wow your reader enough they'll actually t...