Skip to main content

Veil of Pearls Book Tour!

I have been waiting for a LOOOOooooog time for this tour! I really have and I am so excited to have one of my favorite authors spotlighted this week. MaryLu was actually the first EVER author I contacted and asked if she would be interested in doing a book tour on my blog. So, this is kinda surreal to me and just plain excited to have her here on my blog all this week:)

Veil of Tears is just an amazing book. The story id full of faith, but also masquerades and secrets. I couldn't help myself. I knew I HAD to do a Masquerade Ball.

 How exciting! I'm have a Ball! You bet I am:) I hope to get my computer back very soon because I have some fabulous graphics and photos for my party (along with my other tours and the CQ carnival. Yes, my heart is still broken...but feeling better. Don't weep for me. Your eye make up will run...heheh)

 Anyway, on to the ball! Since Masquerades are all about hiding the real you, I thought we would play a few games this week. MaryLu's characters are hiding behind some lovely masks and it is up to you to find them. Just in case you have read the book yet, of course you will not know any names. It you want t participate, go ahead! I'm posting pictures, and as long as you make a guess, that's all that matters. Just say, "I think it is the girl in the pink gown, or the lawyer in the top hat. Okay. First, the question, then the clue, then some pictures.

Ready? Let's go!

Who gave Adalia so much generosity that she thanked God every day for His provisions? This person was very proficient in a certain profession and sometimes your life depended on this person's help.

Joy

 Adalia
 both photos above by FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Dr. Willaby

photo by Flickr/Commons


Mrs. Faye

Photo by Flikr/commons

Comments

  1. I shared this on FB! Beautiful blog and I love the pics for the masquerade! This is such a super book!!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie, Thank you for sharing this on FB!!! And I'm so glad you made your way over to join our week of fun:)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for having me on your blog! I love Masquerade Balls! Everyone is all dressed up and it's so mysterious! How fun! I don't think anyone would know the answer unless they had read the book, but it's fun to guess. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I *hope* I make the clues easy enough that everyone will be able to make at least a wild guess. Having read the book, I hope I can add more mystery. Well enough that others will run and buy the book before curiosity kills them:)

      Delete
    2. You did the clues perfectly!! Thank you, Tammy!! And your blog is beautiful too!

      Delete
  3. Hello, thank you ever so much for inviting us to your lovely Masquerade Ball! Adalia is such a sweet soul and I do believe that she was very thankful for Dr. Willaby, a sweet, though sometimes misguided soul. I will be sharing the announcement of this Ball on Facebook. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've read the book, too, haven't you Debbie? Thanks for coming to the Ball and I appreciate your announcement on FaceBook:)

      Delete
    2. Hi my dear Chaplain!! Thanks for coming to the party!!

      Delete
    3. Happy to go anywhere to help promote your books, Cap'n! It be me pleasure indeed!

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful ball! :) My guess is Dr. Willaby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! If you haven't read Veil of Pearls, I hope you get the chance. You'll love it! I hope yu make it back during the week. More fun is in store:)

      Delete
  5. I love these masks. My guess is also Dr. Willaby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect guess Medeia! Thanks for taking a stab!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Writer In Motion CP feedback

Hey beautiful guys and dolls! Here it is! My CP feedback edited story. Had a hard time with this, but I hope it makes sense. I've got a post I'm working on I plan to put up after Thanksgiving. Here ya go. Enjoy... Every morning I wake to carnival day.  Today, though, I have my key. If I don’t use it before midnight, my way of escape will gone. It’s a silver key with a twisted metal handle, a sapphire stone half moon and engraved stars. There’s a tiny inscription on the moon, but it’s so small, I’ve never been able to read it.I’ve always kept mine in my jewelry box, but today, I string it on a ribbon and tie it around my neck. My two best friends will be wearing theirs, too, and I wonder how they will escape this carnival of dreams. “What’s it for?” Cress asks as we stand in line for the swings. I run my fingertips over the entire silver surface. “I don’t know. It belonged to my grandmother,” I say. “Whatever.” She shrugs her shoulder in a dismissive way. “Have

Insecure Writers Group

Today, my feelings are mixed. On one hand, I've faced more rejection and that's not easy to write about or admit to the world. But I am not crying in my "milk" (no beer, folks:) I want to, but what good would it do??? I received a detailed critique from a "Best First Line" contest. The critique was the best I have ever received and seriously opened my eyes to "how" to improve my writing. Nice! Speaking of critiques, I am still looking for a critique partner. If anyone is looking back, please let me know and we can swap info. I'm sending off a YA query letter and first pages to 3 agents this week. Wish me luck. This will be the first time I have directly contacted and agent with a query. Yes, I'm nervous, so I'm saying again, WISH ME LUCK!!!

Operation Agent Ink

UPDATE: PLEASE FILL OUT THIS QUESTIONNAIRE AFTER YOU SIGN UP. Have you ever wondered what agents were dying to find in their inbox/slush pile? There have been many times I entered a contest and not even received a comment, not even from one of the agents. Or maybe the agent was kind enough to leave a comment that simply said, "Sorry, this just isn't what I'm looking for, but I love the premise and your voice." I always walk away feeling unsatisfied. If I had known exactly what the agent wanted beyond, "YA" or "Fantasy" I might not have even entered a contest I knew I wouldn't win! Even more, I wasted a very busy agents time! Well, your time of guessing is up! OPERATION AGENT INK to the rescue! That's right! This workshop will help aspiring authors get on the list of an agent's WISH LIST! When the workshop is over, your manuscript will be ready to view by a group of AMAZING agents who are dying to see what you've wri