Skip to main content

Liebster Award and Nominees

Hello beautiful followers and readers! I am finally able to catch a breath, but only a short one (!) and post my thanks for the rewards I revived not too long ago.

Before I posted this, I did a search on the Liebster to find out what it meant. Liebster is a German word and it means, "dearest" or "loved one" from what I could find and it is given to those bloggers who need some encouragement to keep going, keep blogging and keep on smiling. I am thrilled that someone thought about me and included me in the "Keep your chin up, dear!" award!

Thank you Kimberly, for thinking of me:)

The rules are simple enough.
You are to thank the one who nominated your blog. (done)
Link back to their blog. (done)
Nominate 5 others. (done)
Comment on their blog and let then know you nominated them. (doing so now!)

You MAY want to check out this article about the Liebster Award. The rules are different, but I am keeping with what was awarded to me. It's your choice to follow the rules below, or if you choose, go ahead and be brave. This article explains it all...Beware! Those I nominated may hear from me again, with a little sly and sinister chuckle and a brand new award where you will be forced to spill your guts:)

Who do I nominate? 

#1. The Teen Writers Group. It's a group of writers over there, but the first writer I "met" on another blog was Ashely. From what I can tell by reading through the blog posts, they are all a great group of writers and they all deserve the award:)

#2. Rachel, over at Rachel Larow. She writes sweet, young adult romance. Her stories are sincere and fun. Perfect for the young adult (or adult!) reader who wants an easy story with lots of romance without graphic illustrations and words.

#3. Janette Dolores I just recently discovered this blog, but what I have read, I have enjoyed. She blogs about 3 times a month, but her posts of rich with advice for moms with children.

#4. Mommy Authors is another joint blog. This one, though, is not teens writing, but a group of moms. There are a variety of authors (Rachel, from above, is one of them) and each one posts different articles. There's plenty of reading to keep you busy!

#5. Candy Apple Books blog is written by a younf lady named Hannah. She's part of the Buccaneer Blogfest, so if you are part of that, you have already met her. She writes book reviews here on theis blog and she does a fabulous job!

Well, that's it for now. Enjoy:) Thanks for reading! Now, I have another blog award to post...

Comments

  1. Congrats and now I have 5 other bloggers to check out:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I jumped on to your blog because I noticed you were a new follower of mine and was pleasantly surprised to read that you nominated my blog for this award! Thank you so much. I'm tickled pink. :-)

    As you mention, I post three times a month--on the 10th, 20th and 30th--and discuss topics related to family and spirituality. I'll be sure to follow the Liebster Award rules in my next scheduled post on the 30th.

    I look forward to getting to know you better. Pretty blog background, btw. Cheery and welcoming.

    Smooches...
    ~Janette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, the background here always makes me think of candy.

      Delete
  3. On behalf of myself and the writers over at Mommy Authors, THANK YOU! Seeing this award definitely motivates me to keep posting, (if that was your plan, it worked). :)

    Looking forward to being a regular follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your award!
    And thank you! It is very encouraging to know that someone is enjoying what we write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just gave you a shout out on my blog--the July 30th post--and passed along the Liebster Award to five more recipients. Thanks again for the love, and stop by and check out my nominees when you can!

    Smooches!

    ~Janette

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Writer In Motion CP feedback

Hey beautiful guys and dolls! Here it is! My CP feedback edited story. Had a hard time with this, but I hope it makes sense. I've got a post I'm working on I plan to put up after Thanksgiving. Here ya go. Enjoy... Every morning I wake to carnival day.  Today, though, I have my key. If I don’t use it before midnight, my way of escape will gone. It’s a silver key with a twisted metal handle, a sapphire stone half moon and engraved stars. There’s a tiny inscription on the moon, but it’s so small, I’ve never been able to read it.I’ve always kept mine in my jewelry box, but today, I string it on a ribbon and tie it around my neck. My two best friends will be wearing theirs, too, and I wonder how they will escape this carnival of dreams. “What’s it for?” Cress asks as we stand in line for the swings. I run my fingertips over the entire silver surface. “I don’t know. It belonged to my grandmother,” I say. “Whatever.” She shrugs her shoulder in a dismissive way. “Have

Insecure Writers Group

Today, my feelings are mixed. On one hand, I've faced more rejection and that's not easy to write about or admit to the world. But I am not crying in my "milk" (no beer, folks:) I want to, but what good would it do??? I received a detailed critique from a "Best First Line" contest. The critique was the best I have ever received and seriously opened my eyes to "how" to improve my writing. Nice! Speaking of critiques, I am still looking for a critique partner. If anyone is looking back, please let me know and we can swap info. I'm sending off a YA query letter and first pages to 3 agents this week. Wish me luck. This will be the first time I have directly contacted and agent with a query. Yes, I'm nervous, so I'm saying again, WISH ME LUCK!!!

Operation Agent Ink

UPDATE: PLEASE FILL OUT THIS QUESTIONNAIRE AFTER YOU SIGN UP. Have you ever wondered what agents were dying to find in their inbox/slush pile? There have been many times I entered a contest and not even received a comment, not even from one of the agents. Or maybe the agent was kind enough to leave a comment that simply said, "Sorry, this just isn't what I'm looking for, but I love the premise and your voice." I always walk away feeling unsatisfied. If I had known exactly what the agent wanted beyond, "YA" or "Fantasy" I might not have even entered a contest I knew I wouldn't win! Even more, I wasted a very busy agents time! Well, your time of guessing is up! OPERATION AGENT INK to the rescue! That's right! This workshop will help aspiring authors get on the list of an agent's WISH LIST! When the workshop is over, your manuscript will be ready to view by a group of AMAZING agents who are dying to see what you've wri