Skip to main content

Book Tour: Alyse Carlson: GARDEN DELIGHTS MAGAZINE!

The Letter That Started It All Dear Jean-Jacques- I'm so thrilled you'll be helping the Roanoke Garden Society with our feature article in June's Garden Delights Magazine. Your work is beautiful, and I believe perfectly suited to display one of Roanoke's most exquisite gardens. La Fontaine is a historic home west of Roanoke and the majestic garden to the back covers more than an acre. Each season, master gardener Henry Larsson collaborates with Neil and Evangeline Patrick, owners of La Fontaine, to design a seasonal masterpiece. The spring feature is scheduled to create a mosaic of a stargazer lily from above and includes rhododendrons, azaleas, jasmine, sweet olive, and a variety of smaller flowers in reds, pinks and whites. The text I'll be including will talk about the founding of the Roanoke Garden Society and their commitment to gardening excellence in Roanoke, so I'd like to pull a few examples of your photographs from your African shoot and note that we are looking for the equivalent, only from the gardens of La Fontaine.
In addition to the gorgeous mosaic garden, La Fontaine has a series of greenhouses, each set for a different season, so La Fontaine is one of the only places a person can see a full four years of Virginia's gardening glory in a single afternoon. I will be sure to put together a list of star features for your ease with photographing the most beautiful parts of the garden. I look forward to working with you. Camellia Harris
The Azalea Assault Cam Harris loves her job as public relations manager for the Roanoke Garden Society. It allows her to combine her three loves, spinning the press, showing off her favorite town, and promoting her favorite activity. She's just achieved a huge coup by enlisting Garden Delights, the country's premiere gardening magazine, to feature the exquisite garden of RGS founder, Neil Patrick. She's even managed to enlist world-famous photographer Jean-Jacques Georges. Unfortunately, Jean-Jacques is a first-rate cad—insulting the RGS members and gardening, goosing every woman in the room, and drinking like a lush. It is hardly a surprise when he turns up dead. But when Cam's brother-in-law is accused and her sister begs her to solve the crime, that is when things really get prickly. Alyse Carlson is the pen name for the author some of you may know as Hart Johnson. She writes books from her bathtub and when she isn't writing, does research for a large, midwest University or leads the Naked World Domination Movement (your choice). Links Barnes & Noble Paperback or Nook Amazon Paperback or Kindle Confessions of a Watery Tart *note: All images from Africa and the rhodedendrons are actually from Wikimedia Commons, Jean-Jacques being fictional and Alyse never having been to Africa and all...

Comments

  1. How good of you to allow the Tartlette on your property! She is so full of mischief - do check to make sure she hasn't booby-trapped your side-bar. Just kidding! I love the tart and I love gardening and she is a fun and funny writer so kudos for having her by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talynn-thank you so much for having me today! And yes... I will try not to incite your regular readers to a nudist rebellion... wait. No I won't. But it will be fun! Jan knows me too well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the book is about murder and all, but somehow every time I see the cover, it makes me want to smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex-makes for an exotic garden, eh? teehee

    JL-it IS pretty! (and it smells nice)... and the guy who bites it is really asking for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see most naked Tart here! Aha!! Such an innocent floral fragrant letter to begin a most heinous cosy crime! Yay! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How flowery and sweet and pink and lovely your story appears! But beneath the Azaleas lurk dark, murderous deeds...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Writer In Motion CP feedback

Hey beautiful guys and dolls! Here it is! My CP feedback edited story. Had a hard time with this, but I hope it makes sense. I've got a post I'm working on I plan to put up after Thanksgiving. Here ya go. Enjoy... Every morning I wake to carnival day.  Today, though, I have my key. If I don’t use it before midnight, my way of escape will gone. It’s a silver key with a twisted metal handle, a sapphire stone half moon and engraved stars. There’s a tiny inscription on the moon, but it’s so small, I’ve never been able to read it.I’ve always kept mine in my jewelry box, but today, I string it on a ribbon and tie it around my neck. My two best friends will be wearing theirs, too, and I wonder how they will escape this carnival of dreams. “What’s it for?” Cress asks as we stand in line for the swings. I run my fingertips over the entire silver surface. “I don’t know. It belonged to my grandmother,” I say. “Whatever.” She shrugs her shoulder in a dismissive way. “Have

Insecure Writers Group

Today, my feelings are mixed. On one hand, I've faced more rejection and that's not easy to write about or admit to the world. But I am not crying in my "milk" (no beer, folks:) I want to, but what good would it do??? I received a detailed critique from a "Best First Line" contest. The critique was the best I have ever received and seriously opened my eyes to "how" to improve my writing. Nice! Speaking of critiques, I am still looking for a critique partner. If anyone is looking back, please let me know and we can swap info. I'm sending off a YA query letter and first pages to 3 agents this week. Wish me luck. This will be the first time I have directly contacted and agent with a query. Yes, I'm nervous, so I'm saying again, WISH ME LUCK!!!

Operation Agent Ink

UPDATE: PLEASE FILL OUT THIS QUESTIONNAIRE AFTER YOU SIGN UP. Have you ever wondered what agents were dying to find in their inbox/slush pile? There have been many times I entered a contest and not even received a comment, not even from one of the agents. Or maybe the agent was kind enough to leave a comment that simply said, "Sorry, this just isn't what I'm looking for, but I love the premise and your voice." I always walk away feeling unsatisfied. If I had known exactly what the agent wanted beyond, "YA" or "Fantasy" I might not have even entered a contest I knew I wouldn't win! Even more, I wasted a very busy agents time! Well, your time of guessing is up! OPERATION AGENT INK to the rescue! That's right! This workshop will help aspiring authors get on the list of an agent's WISH LIST! When the workshop is over, your manuscript will be ready to view by a group of AMAZING agents who are dying to see what you've wri