Skip to main content

Friday Fun

Just popping in to say hi, and I miss you guys so much! It's been a long, crazy week and things will be calming down after the weekend.

My question for you to ponder this weekend:

Have you ever done or said or wrote something you felt completely felt like a fool over later? How did you handle it? What did you do?

Have a BEAUTIFUL weekend guys and dolls!

If you are in the workshop, next week is the final week before submissions. PLEASE ask any questions you may have. There will be a lot going on next week as final preparations begin.

As for my secret, I still can't tell. I'm waiting I hear the answer. Hopefully today...

Comments

  1. good vibes your way for the answer that is best for you!

    have a marvellous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean open mouth, insert foot? Oh yeah!
    Hope you hear back today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have experienced the post-embarrassment of doing, saying and writing something.Those times one just says "swallow me, Earth." I pretend it never happened or I try to think on other times that I've been brilliant. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some things are just too much to pretend I never did it. But, life goes on, we recover and better days smile upon us:)

      Delete
  4. I'm so very glad you're having such a great week!!! And sitting on exciting news to boot. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been super busy! Yep. Exciting but may be getting the boot

      Delete
  5. Talynn - you don't have enough blog space for some of the stupid things I've done. LOL If it was against someone else, I apologized. Even shame faced, shuffling feet, in need of a good punch, I did it. Or made sure it was a story for others to laugh at me.

    I am glad you are having an exciting and great week. Psst...what secret?? Oh, come on, you can tell me...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Agent Ink

UPDATE: PLEASE FILL OUT THIS QUESTIONNAIRE AFTER YOU SIGN UP. Have you ever wondered what agents were dying to find in their inbox/slush pile? There have been many times I entered a contest and not even received a comment, not even from one of the agents. Or maybe the agent was kind enough to leave a comment that simply said, "Sorry, this just isn't what I'm looking for, but I love the premise and your voice." I always walk away feeling unsatisfied. If I had known exactly what the agent wanted beyond, "YA" or "Fantasy" I might not have even entered a contest I knew I wouldn't win! Even more, I wasted a very busy agents time! Well, your time of guessing is up! OPERATION AGENT INK to the rescue! That's right! This workshop will help aspiring authors get on the list of an agent's WISH LIST! When the workshop is over, your manuscript will be ready to view by a group of AMAZING agents who are dying to see what you've wri...

EVER Blog Hop!!!!!

I joined a blog hop flash writing contest with/for Jessa Russo. It's in honor of her first EVER book release. I met Jessa during the Curiosity Quills Blog hop. I have never read a ghost story, but after reading Jessa's query and first few pages and then learning more about her ghost Frankie, I was so inspired, I fell in love -with Frankie. I was so inspired, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and write a story I had never written before and never thought I would write. Or even want to write. But I did, and I did. My piece for the contest is a small part of my bigger manuscript I wrote. I had to modify and change a few things so the story would make sense, but I think it works. At least, I hope it does:) How to vote: Comment at the end of the end of this post. You must have the word "VOTE" in your comment for it to be considered valid. VOTING IS OPEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 30TH!!!! Ready? Well, lets go! --> The Man With the Black Hood knocked ...

Workshop 10

Today, let's get readers hooked from the very first sentence. If you do, you are off to a great start and hopefully a great first chapter. We are going to focus on the first and second sentence and how you can draw readers in while introducing two major items about your book: 1. Your MC 2. The main conflict. How? Is it really possible to do this in only TWO sentences? YES! Example: My name is Snow, like the white powder that falls during winter, though I don't know what my mom was thinking because it was ninety degrees the day I was born. I turned twelve the year I married a man I hated and thirteen when my first baby was born. This sentence tells us a lot. It shows us a little about Snow's personality, it hints toward a shortened childhood and could possibly point to a different time era. I also can definitely see the conflict. Can you? You only have a few minutes to make a good, first impression. Make sure you wow your reader enough they'll actually t...