Skip to main content

Be Inspired Meme

 Thank You Suezanne, from over at The Word is...blogspot (http://suzannefurness.blogspot.com/) for tagging me in the Inspired Meme. 

Here's your chance to learn a little bit about my manuscript I just finished working on:)


 What is the name of your book?

Wish

Where did the idea for your book come from?

An old fairy tale entitled The Pink. The story is about a king's son who can make a wish and it always comes true.

In what genre would you classify your book?

YA Historical Fantasy

If you had to pick actors to play your characters in a movie rendition who would you choose?

Alexander Ryan played by Josh Hutcherson
Prism Chase played by Christa B. Allen

Give us a one sentence synopsis of your book? 


He wished for revenge, but all she wanted was love.

Is your book already published?

No. I know. Sad, right?

How long did it take you to write your book?

I'm still working on this one. Edits, revisions, spell check... But I actually wrote this in about 3 weeks.

What other books within your genre would you compare it to? Or readers of which books would enjoy yours?

Perhaps author Elizabeth C. Bunce and her novel A Curse Dark As Gold
and
Author Jessica Day George and her novel Princess of the Midnight Ball

Mind you, I am not comparing my writing or my story with either of these wonderful authors, but for someone who enjoys a fairy tale retelling, they hopefully would love my book, to:)

Which authors inspired you to write this book?

I hope it doesn't sound like vanity, but I have to say me. I wrote another fairy tale mash-up retelling about Sleeping Beauty and an old Celtic myth and loved the concept of writing a fairy tale. I have ALWAYS had a soft spot for Princess stories but wanted to write something beside Snow White or Cinderella. The Pink got my attention because firstly, it was about a male MC and second of all, It was bittersweet. I love a story that moves me emotionally:)

Tell us anything that might pique our interest in your book?

The first three sentences from my query:

Most seventeen-year-old girls receive gifts for their birthdays. Not Prism Chase. She is the gift.

And here's a little more:

She's the wish maker, and she's tired of it. She wants to find someone who will love her because of who she is and not because she fulfills his every wish.

He is looking for revenge, not love. But can his anger be forgotten long enough to let her inside his heart? He doesn't realize it yet, but she may be more than what he wished for in every way imaginable. And none of it involves revenge. 

Who would I like to pass the torch on to?


and







Comments

  1. Thanks for the shoutout! This sounds wonderful, I've never heard of the fairytale, The Pink, but being a wish granter seems like an interesting premise and one that can give the mc loads of possibilities. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne! Thanks stopping by!
      How cool would it be if there were a real wish granter? Not a genie, though. A Fairy!

      Delete
  2. Your main character is an Alex? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Alex fit him perfectly. Of course he's royal so Alexander it must be. But Alex for friends!

      Delete
  3. "Most seventeen-year-old girls receive gifts for their birthdays. Not Prism Chase. She is the gift."
    That packs a solid punch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for passing this on!

    I think your story sounds really interesting and I wish you the best of luck! We could all use some.

    Thank you!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Writer In Motion CP feedback

Hey beautiful guys and dolls! Here it is! My CP feedback edited story. Had a hard time with this, but I hope it makes sense. I've got a post I'm working on I plan to put up after Thanksgiving. Here ya go. Enjoy... Every morning I wake to carnival day.  Today, though, I have my key. If I don’t use it before midnight, my way of escape will gone. It’s a silver key with a twisted metal handle, a sapphire stone half moon and engraved stars. There’s a tiny inscription on the moon, but it’s so small, I’ve never been able to read it.I’ve always kept mine in my jewelry box, but today, I string it on a ribbon and tie it around my neck. My two best friends will be wearing theirs, too, and I wonder how they will escape this carnival of dreams. “What’s it for?” Cress asks as we stand in line for the swings. I run my fingertips over the entire silver surface. “I don’t know. It belonged to my grandmother,” I say. “Whatever.” She shrugs her shoulder in a dismissive way. “Have

Insecure Writers Group

Today, my feelings are mixed. On one hand, I've faced more rejection and that's not easy to write about or admit to the world. But I am not crying in my "milk" (no beer, folks:) I want to, but what good would it do??? I received a detailed critique from a "Best First Line" contest. The critique was the best I have ever received and seriously opened my eyes to "how" to improve my writing. Nice! Speaking of critiques, I am still looking for a critique partner. If anyone is looking back, please let me know and we can swap info. I'm sending off a YA query letter and first pages to 3 agents this week. Wish me luck. This will be the first time I have directly contacted and agent with a query. Yes, I'm nervous, so I'm saying again, WISH ME LUCK!!!

Operation Agent Ink

UPDATE: PLEASE FILL OUT THIS QUESTIONNAIRE AFTER YOU SIGN UP. Have you ever wondered what agents were dying to find in their inbox/slush pile? There have been many times I entered a contest and not even received a comment, not even from one of the agents. Or maybe the agent was kind enough to leave a comment that simply said, "Sorry, this just isn't what I'm looking for, but I love the premise and your voice." I always walk away feeling unsatisfied. If I had known exactly what the agent wanted beyond, "YA" or "Fantasy" I might not have even entered a contest I knew I wouldn't win! Even more, I wasted a very busy agents time! Well, your time of guessing is up! OPERATION AGENT INK to the rescue! That's right! This workshop will help aspiring authors get on the list of an agent's WISH LIST! When the workshop is over, your manuscript will be ready to view by a group of AMAZING agents who are dying to see what you've wri