Hey beautiful guys and dolls! What's on the menu for day three?? The letter C!
C is for Checklist.
Every plot needs one. A checklist will keep your plot moving in the right direction and ensure you stay on the right page.
A checklist will guide you, leading you into all the correct components your manuscript needs to keep the page turning and the reader interested in our story.
What should you add to your Checklist?
1. Foreshadowing what is to come
2. Conflict and contrast of what the previous scene/chapter described
3. Characters who move the story forward with their actions and reactions
4. Setting that evolves as the story moves forward. If your setting takes place in the same spot during the entire story, make sure to entwine different details about the setting with each plot element. Use all the senses to bring the reader into the place: vision, hearing, feeling, scents, and taste.
5. If your story has a theme, don't forget to include it.
Use this checklist to engage every scene so your reader can interact with your story.
See you tomorrow! Thanks for stopping by:)
Hey you beautiful guys and dolls! I missed posting in August, but I have a really good reason.... My daughter just had her third baby, a...
Hey all:) I'm taking today and this weekend off. A very, VERY dear, sweet, and close friend of my family passed away this week. And ...
I think the more I try and slow time down, the faster it goes! Why? Sometimes I wonder if there really is fruit in my effort? I mean, no m...
It's check in day! What's that, you ask? Today is the day you get to send in up to TWO pages of of your current manuscript or WIP th...