Ready for another interview?
Ms. Jordy Albert of the Booker Albert Literary Agency is here to WOW us with some fabuloso questions and answers.
Just so you know, Jordy has been as sweet as an angel to work with during the workshop. I hope you enjoy her conversation below:
1. When did you decide you wanted to be a literary agent? What helped you make that decision?
Probably during grad school. I've always loved to read, but I became interested in finding authors who are just starting out and helping them further their careers, which led me to
2. What's your favorite book?
One of my favorites is To Kill A Mockingbird.
Why? It was an important time in United States history, and I really like Scout.
3. Who's your favorite author?
Karen Marie Moning
Again, why? She is AMAZING!!! An amazing author and person.
4. Do you see a common mistake among new authors in their submission package?
A number queries that I've looked at explained why they wrote the book, instead of telling me what the book is about.
5. Do you have a favorite genre?
Romance and YA.
How important is it to you for an unpublished author to have an
established platform and brand? Is social media a real must for a
It's always helpful, but not imperative. I
do think social media is a must because it allows writers to interact
with their readers, and it also allows writers to get his/her name out
there, thus building an audience.
7. And last, but certainly not least, please let us know what you would love to find during the pitch opportunity.
Romance (contemporary, YA).